Russian furries visiting Paris

General discussions in English go here. Anything furry related (PG)
Do you want to get to know more about the french furry community and furries, or do you want to present yourself,
the specificities of the furry fandom in your country, share your activities or subjects of interest with them ?
This is the place too :) Don't be shy we'd love to hear more about you.

In this general section you should post general furry related subjects that don't fit in one of the other categories.

Modérateurs: modérateurs, admins

Russian furries visiting Paris

Messagede llanowar » 20 Juin 2012, 21:26

Hi all! :-)
I’m a russian furry and along with several other russian furries I’m going to visit Paris on our way to CesFur 2012 for one day (4th of July). So I wanted to ask several questions, if you please.

1. We want to stay for a night in an inexpensive hostel somewhere in the center of Paris (as far as I know there are plenty that meets both criteria). Do you have any advices on that?

2. Firstly, we want to visit Disneyland Paris, but what other places would you recommend provided we’ve got half a day left?

3. Any general advices about Paris? (public transport, prices, cafes etc).

4. Last but not least – would someone like to meet us and maybe show us around Paris? :-) We are warm and friendly group, and there are fursuiters and artists amongst us (some of us both ^_^).

Our FA pages: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/egnerion, http://www.furaffinity.net/user/taffka/, http://www.furaffinity.net/user/enaya-thewhitewolfen/, http://www.furaffinity.net/user/griseus/, http://www.furaffinity.net/user/kory333/.
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Re: Russian furries visiting Paris

Messagede llanowar » 20 Juin 2012, 22:06

Small addition - our team gave four fursuiters and two artists. Enjoy!
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Messagede Kosse » 20 Juin 2012, 22:29

Hello to you ! I will try to answer your questions as much as I can :)

1. I don't really know hotels as I've always live near Paris. However, there are plenty of subways and trains and it's easy to travel inside Paris, so you don't have to choose only hotels in the center. It will be cheaper, as the extreme center of Paris is Eiffel Tower, Louvres Museum, etc, so it's quite expensive :p You can try to take a chamber near big train stations like Gare de Lyon, Chatelet les Halles, Gare du nord, Montparnass, or Gare de l'est, I know there are plenty of hotels here.

2. It really depends on what you want to do ! There are many things to do in Paris: we have beautiful parks, but also a looot of art museum, good restaurants, famous monuments ... Just tell us what you want to do and we can give you advices on it :)

3. It will be easier for you to travel in subways and trains if you know exactly where you're going, just to plan things. About subway prices, I highly recommand you, if you want to travel a lot in one day, to take an unlimited ticket for one day. It'll be cheaper than normal subway tickets. We can also help you to plan your trip if you tell us exactly where you're going :) About food, I know some good places, depending on what you want to eat ?

4. Russians furs have always been so nice to me when I took the bus with them last year at ef ! I would have been happy to show you Paris if I wasn't already waited somewhere else this day :( However I'll try to help you as much as I can, be sure of that :p Don't hesitate to ask questions !
Kosse
hyène

Messagede llanowar » 20 Juin 2012, 22:46

Also question - anyone want join our team in Disneyland trip?
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Messagede Nejaa » 23 Juin 2012, 16:42

maybe, I live really close to disney so it's not a big deal for me.
(but I'll need some time to unlock my english [I'm kinda shy when I have to speak in that language] )
Nejaa
cheval   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: nejaa

Ecrivain

Messagede llanowar » 23 Juin 2012, 23:54

Nejaa, sound good! Also one of us can speak French, but very simple
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Messagede Yellone » 24 Juin 2012, 11:52

it's awesome fursuits are that you put in the first post ...^^
je suis Yellone la renarde au bon goût citron ....^^ (merci arhzurenn)
Yellone
renarde  (renarde jaune)   Anthro

Dessinateur
Fursuiter
Rôliste

Messagede Habaxin » 24 Juin 2012, 12:53

1. We want to stay for a night in an inexpensive hostel somewhere in the center of Paris (as far as I know there are plenty that meets both criteria). Do you have any advices on that?
I recommand to find an hostel near Nation (https://maps.google.fr/maps?f=q&source= ... 17&iwloc=A), it costs about 50 € / night / person. The journey takes 45 minutes from Nation to Disneyland. The « Mobilis zones 1-5 » is an unlimited ticket for public transport (trains, subways, bus). It costs 14.20 € / day (5:30 am to 00:30 am) / person. Book your hostel as soon as possible. Check on google map the distance between your hostel and the nearest subway station.

2. Firstly, we want to visit Disneyland Paris, but what other places would you recommend provided we’ve got half a day left?
There is a LOT of subways in Paris. 300 stations, 425 meters between two stations. It means you can walk without a map, and simply ask somebody where the nearest « métro » is (look for a big M http://fr.sialparis.mobi/var/comexposiu ... _large.jpg). In a subway station, ask for a subway map, it's free http://www.loomji.fr/i/plan/metro/plan-metro-paris.gif.

I suggest to go to Chatelet subway station and walk to the south, cross the Seine, visit Notre-Dame cathedral, continue to the south and cross again the Seine (Notre-Dame is on an island) and visit Quartier Latin. A compass is a good idea, with a subway map, you can fing anything :). Other key places: the Eiffel Tower (Bir Hakeim subway station) ; Montmartre (Abbesses subway station). An useful link : http://www.ratp.fr/itineraires/en/ratp/ ... he-avancee

To french people, always ask for « métro » and not subways, because « subway » is a fastfood :)

3. Any general advices about Paris? (public transport, prices, cafes etc).
Subways open at 5:30 am and close at 00:30 am. Cafes open at 7:00 am and close between 11:30 pm and 1:30 am. You have to free your hostel room at 12:00 am.
Average price of a meal is 15 €, a pint of beer is 7 €, a can of coke is 4 €, a coffee is 2.50 €. In a restaurant, you can ask for water, it's free and unlimited as far as you order something. Cheapest meal are kebab (sandwich, french fries and a can of coke is 6 €) and fastfoods (a meal is 8 €).

4. Last but not least – would someone like to meet us and maybe show us around Paris? We are warm and friendly group, and there are fursuiters and artists amongst us (some of us both ^_^).
I work this day, so bad :)
Habaxin

Messagede Nejaa » 25 Juin 2012, 10:45

llanowar a écrit:Nejaa, sound good! Also one of us can speak French, but very simple

nice ^^ that could help :3
Nejaa
cheval   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: nejaa

Ecrivain

Messagede Redmoon Wolfen » 25 Juin 2012, 22:01

If you want someone to help you to visit Paris, I am free for that.

Contact me by mp if you want more information about places in Paris.
Le nombre 111 représente le Jugement des Anges,
Le nombre 666 représente la Bête des Enfers,
Le nombre 888 représente le Chaos quand j'interviens.
Redmoon Wolfen
Peluche de loup chaotique et maudite  (scénariste, exécuteur avec scrupule, boite de pandore à projets ...)   Anthro

Fursuiter, sur la DB: Redmoon Wolfen

Messagede furnace » 26 Juin 2012, 18:41

dragon :3
furnace
dragon  (bleu indigo)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: furnace

Fursuiter, sur la DB: furnace
Vidéaste

Messagede llanowar » 02 Juil 2012, 19:56

Guys, I’m really sorry for not responding to your messages. In the last few days we were very busy preparing for the trip.

We don’t yet know for sure where we will be lodging, but at 4th of July we are planning to have a walk near the Eiffel Tower at about 9 pm. So anyone who’d like to meet us is very welcome :-) I’ll be updating our trip status at my Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/llanowar.

P.S. We are going to buy 2 French SIM cards to stay in touch, and I’ll post them here later.
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Messagede Redmoon Wolfen » 02 Juil 2012, 20:35

I don't have twitter but the SIM cards is a good idea.
Le nombre 111 représente le Jugement des Anges,
Le nombre 666 représente la Bête des Enfers,
Le nombre 888 représente le Chaos quand j'interviens.
Redmoon Wolfen
Peluche de loup chaotique et maudite  (scénariste, exécuteur avec scrupule, boite de pandore à projets ...)   Anthro

Fursuiter, sur la DB: Redmoon Wolfen

Messagede llanowar » 02 Juil 2012, 20:47

Any updates on our trip will be here and I will also post our new phone numbers. Or if you would like, you can send me PM with you phone numbers.
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Messagede llanowar » 04 Juil 2012, 02:17

So we've made it to Paris (it was actually very hard to lodge in a hotel - we went through like may be 40 or 50 and all of them were full). Today we are going at Disneyland Paris at about 10 am from Nation Metro station, and anyfur who'd like to come with us are welcome ^_^
My french phone number is +3-377-813-93-26, sms me or call me if you are interested in coming to Disneyland with us :-)
llanowar
Dragon   Anthro

Fursuiter
Vidéaste

Suivante

Retourner vers General