WikiFur Français?

Discussions autour de vos différents projets Furry.
Si vous avez une idee de projet ou bien voulez participer c'est ici.

Modérateurs: modérateurs, admins

Messagede Madox » 07 Nov 2007, 08:49

Loupy a écrit:Opening a french wikifur is opening a french furry hate.

This is inevitable. Better open this ourselves than having people from "l'echo des savannes" open it for us anyway...

Loupy a écrit:Do I need to remind peoples that going out in fursuit is forbidden in France ? If we ever start to be known, we may have policemen reminding us of that.

This is more interesting to link furry with french laws indeed. But I don't think there are so many reasons to fear that.
First, it won't be an apology for "go walk down the streets in fursuits" - or so I hope. That would be absolutely dumb in every way.
Second : If laws say things, in the everyday life it's often different. Timduru have a good example of this : he walked from times to times in fursuit in public, and never had any law problem even when encoutering policemen, on the contrary. Of course, he wasn't alone, and didn't have a suspect behavior. And that should always be this way.
Third : about "arranging with the laws" (even if it's always risky, that's a fact), proving our good intentions and avoid trying to hide our real identities should help alot. What is kept secret is dangerously suspect. What is openly showed is just amusingly weird.

*Edit* But it could also be a good thing to remind people about these laws on the concerned pages - at least it would prove we care for them - that's again always a good thing - and openly shows far from pushing people to do things against the law, we warn them about not doing forbidden things - even if we do some of these things ourselves, for the more innocent ones.

Dernière édition par Madox le 07 Nov 2007, 09:02, édité 1 fois.
Madox
Humain

Sur la Furmap: madox

Dessinateur

Messagede Deoloup » 07 Nov 2007, 08:52

I'm agree with Madox.
Sale bête est officiellement mon 2ème prénom :3
Deoloup
Loup  (Violet, Ballz)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Deoloup

Fursuiter
Musicien
Rôliste

Messagede GreenReaper » 07 Nov 2007, 08:55

Loupy a écrit:Opening a french wikifur is opening a french furry hate.

People hate and fear that which they do not understand. The path to understanding does not lie in hiding under a rock. :wink:

Which do you think will result in more hate:
* A person watching the CSI episode with the "erotic furpile"?
* A person reading an encyclopedia article about how fursuits are made and used?

Now consider whether or not they will fully believe the CSI episode if they read the encyclopedia entry first . . . :oops:

Yes, we do get people pointing at WikiFur and saying "look at these weird people" sometimes, but they are the same kind of people who have been doing that for years with other furry websites. I think they actually help us without meaning to, if only because they increase our Google ranking.

As for the policemen, I am sure they have better things to do than hunt fursuiters, though I suggest you not wear a coyote fursuit after dark . . .

Usually talking to the people who run the place you are fursuiting in will prevent most problems before they occur. 8-)
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur
GreenReaper
Norn  (green Kai Norn)   Anthro
Wiki Norn

Ecrivain
Rôliste
Portfolio http://inkbunny.net/GreenReaper -->

Messagede Loupy » 07 Nov 2007, 09:00

As always, most policemen don't know half of the laws they are supposed to enforce. But you can always get to somebody who actually know his job...

And explaining things doesn't make peoples understand if they don't want to understand.

US have made this a lot of times, and it didn't helped.
Le plus mignon des louveteaux français
Loupy
Loup   Anthro

Rôliste

Messagede GreenReaper » 07 Nov 2007, 09:07

Of course, nothing will convince those who do not want to understand. Fortunately they are usually people who do not matter that much. :wink:

I think the default reaction of most people to a fursuiter is "hey, that's a bit odd . . ." but soon turns into "Hey do you mind if I take a picture with you?" If you act friendly, people will be friendly back to you.

As for furries in general - do not worry, even if some people think badly of you, they cannot see the ears and tail once you take them off (well . . . unless you have them on your laptop too :roll: ).

We have actually had a surprising amount of good media coverage in the last few years. Maybe it is changes in how conventions are run, or how people talk to the media, or perhaps it is that there is more information available. Or just that the events are bigger. It is easy to make fun of a handful of people dressing up in a hotel room, but a little trickier when you have thousands filling a convention center.

So what is this anti-fursuit law? And does it cover Santa Claus, or just people with masks over their faces? (If there is a post on this already, just point me there and I will read it with a translator.)

Edit: Ahh, Timduru told me on MSN. Well, I cannot see that being too big a problem. It would perhaps be worse if you said you were displaying your faith by wearing it, though. :roll:
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur
GreenReaper
Norn  (green Kai Norn)   Anthro
Wiki Norn

Ecrivain
Rôliste
Portfolio http://inkbunny.net/GreenReaper -->

Messagede PanzarDragon » 07 Nov 2007, 13:14

There are allways critics to everything, whatever you do someone will hold it against you, sad thing about the human nature i suppose, but if we worried about it to a point of not doing anyting out of fear, what sort of life would that be?

I speak for myself, but i dont care what other people think about furry, as long as they dont try and stop me i couldn't care less. If they have a good view of it and accept it (and i would rather they did) then alls the better, but it doesnt change me or the way i feel about being furry

anyway they say ignorance breeds intolerance so perhaps the wiki will help people understand us better.

and if it doesn't..well...F***'em (sorry to be impolite but its from the heart ;) )
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
-Albert Einstein-
PanzarDragon

Sur la Furmap: panzardragon

Musicien

Messagede BlankHare » 07 Nov 2007, 13:17

I think a Wiki is a relatively safe and very good way to communicate. Of course it will not magically solve every problem (but it's not its point) and may attract some undesired attention (like just about anything we can do)... but it goes in the right direction.

And a community-written base of knowledge, beside being a good thing in itself in my opinion, is a _way_ better tactic than silence and isolationism if you really want to focus on the reactions of the general public.

Paranoia about the image of furry should not stop interesting projects like this one.

Beside, about the law you're talking about, does anyone has the legal reference of it? I know I heard about this one too, but when I'm doing some searching for the actual text I can't find anything close to it... are you sure it's not a rumor?

...not that it would be so bad if it exists, but I'm now curious... and it'd made a good chapter for the french version of the wiki, in the fursuiting article, weither it's confirmed or infirmed. :)
BlankHare

Sur la Furmap: blankhare

Ecrivain
Rôliste

Messagede Timduru » 07 Nov 2007, 13:26

what Blank said.. ;)

Same for me about the law I've been looking for it but can't find the exact law corresponding to that.

there is somewhat a law or law proposal about not allowing someone to hide his face in public..

But can't find the finalized law about that or something else.

So yep if someone has the exact laws references, it would be good.

But anyway that doesn't really changes much,
we've done many outings without problems so far, even when policemen were asking questions, they didn't say it was forbidden or anything.
I know most might not know all the laws, but so far so good.

If it was such a problem and illegal in France, I think we wouldn't see sport mascots or commercial mascots out in the streets, or theme park characters.

But if we could have law references that would sure help :)
Timduru
Suricate   Anthro
A la retraite

Sur la Furmap: Timduru

Fursuiter, sur la DB: Timduru
Vidéaste
Portfolio http://fursuit.timduru.org/Timduru/Timduru_Toony -->
      Page de l'utilisateur sur FurAffinity Page de l'utilisateur sur InkBunny Article WikiFur(EN) sur l'utilisateur Article WikiFur(FR) sur l'utilisateur Fursuits de l'utilisateur sur la fursuit database

Messagede noon » 07 Nov 2007, 13:41

bon j'ai pas tout lu mais si vous chercher de l'aide pour traduire anglais->français, je suis la !
noon
panda  (ॐ)

Sur la Furmap: noon

Musicien

Messagede PanzarDragon » 07 Nov 2007, 16:07

all i can remember is that the last time i saw the police and fursuiters together, the police stopped, laughed, took photos and then left, it might be an exception but i cant really see any decent copper stopping you for having some totally harmless fun.

anyway, like blanc said, its a better image to get out and be seen then huddle away like some sort of sect.
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
-Albert Einstein-
PanzarDragon

Sur la Furmap: panzardragon

Musicien

Messagede Lord Foxhole » 07 Nov 2007, 17:01

BePower a écrit:bon j'ai pas tout lu mais si vous chercher de l'aide pour traduire anglais->français, je suis la !

Moi non plus, j'ai pas tout compris...
Mais il me semble que ce genre de collaborations entre Furries anglophones et Furries francophones, c'est loin d'être une mauvaise idée. Il y a pas mal de différences culturelles entre nos cousins d'Outre-Atlantique et nous mêmes... Et, même si nous partageons un fond de références communes, il y a des différences notables entre le Furry américain et le Furry européen ! Alors, autant chercher à mieux se connaître... :)
Un développement de WikiFur en français, c'est le genre de truc que je j'attendais de voir apparaître depuis un bout de temps...
Pour le moment, je suis un peu bloqué pour certaines raisons (entre autres, mes problèmes informatiques). Mais, quand je serai un peu plus libre, je veux bien collaborer à l'affaire ! :)
Le train de tes injures roule sur les rails de mon indifférence. (Georges Abitbol - La Classe américaine)
Lord Foxhole
Cerf   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Lord Foxhole

Dessinateur

Messagede Grumpfbear » 07 Nov 2007, 18:49

BePower a écrit:bon j'ai pas tout lu mais si vous chercher de l'aide pour traduire anglais->français, je suis la !

J'ai cru comprendre que c'est à l'initiative de chacun de traduire les articles que vous voulez.
Sinon, j'ai vu que Tim avait rajouté sur la page d'accueil la liste des articles à traduire en priorité.

Autre truc :
Issarlk a une page "furaffinity" sur son espace "perso" de Wiki.
J'imagine que ca veut dire que c'est en cours de construction ?
Grumpfbear
Ours   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Grumpfbear

Dessinateur
Fursuiter, sur la DB: Grumpfbear

Messagede Issarlk » 07 Nov 2007, 20:45

Grumpfbear a écrit:Autre truc :
Issarlk a une page "furaffinity" sur son espace "perso" de Wiki.
J'imagine que ca veut dire que c'est en cours de construction ?

Je l'avais mis de coté en brouillon mais je viens de la poster sur le wikifur sur conseil de GreenReaper. Ainsi quiconque peut la faire avancer.

Je suis curieux de savoir où tu as vu que j'avais cette page ; es-tu wikimagicien?
Issarlk
Chat, Ratton laveur.  (Chatton laveur jaune.)   Anthro

Dessinateur
Portfolio https://inkbunny.net/Issarlk -->

Messagede Timduru » 07 Nov 2007, 21:03

Grumpfbear a écrit:Sinon, j'ai vu que Tim avait rajouté sur la page d'accueil la liste des articles à traduire en priorité.

ça n'est pas forcément en priorité, ce sont les quelques liens que j'ai vu dans le vide, mais bon il y en a bien plus que ça.
Ils seront ajoutés dans une catégorie plus tard, ça sera plus simple et dynamique.

Issarlk a écrit:
Je suis curieux de savoir où tu as vu que j'avais cette page ; es-tu wikimagicien?

ça se voit en suivant le lien changements récents.
http://fr.wikifur.com/wiki/Special:Recentchanges
Timduru
Suricate   Anthro
A la retraite

Sur la Furmap: Timduru

Fursuiter, sur la DB: Timduru
Vidéaste
Portfolio http://fursuit.timduru.org/Timduru/Timduru_Toony -->
      Page de l'utilisateur sur FurAffinity Page de l'utilisateur sur InkBunny Article WikiFur(EN) sur l'utilisateur Article WikiFur(FR) sur l'utilisateur Fursuits de l'utilisateur sur la fursuit database

Messagede noon » 08 Nov 2007, 01:28

bon au travail alors !
noon
panda  (ॐ)

Sur la Furmap: noon

Musicien

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Projets