Bonjour de l'Amérique!

General discussions in English go here. Anything furry related (PG)
Do you want to get to know more about the french furry community and furries, or do you want to present yourself,
the specificities of the furry fandom in your country, share your activities or subjects of interest with them ?
This is the place too :) Don't be shy we'd love to hear more about you.

In this general section you should post general furry related subjects that don't fit in one of the other categories.

Modérateurs: modérateurs, admins

Bonjour de l'Amérique!

Messagede TripECollie » 27 Avr 2015, 03:31

Désolé, je ne parle pas français

However, in a pinch google translate has helped me a lot in the past. I realize now that I should have said hello here before posting in another area of your forum. My name is Trip E. Collie and I'm planning on visiting Lyon, France for Les Nuits de Fourvière. I found out a couple weeks ago that I'm on the main advertising graphic for the festival! It seems like fate and a very wonderful opportunity that I simply cannot pass up. The only problem is I need some more information to plan my flight/trip over there from here in California. Have any of you been to the festival before? Do you know how it is run and what it costs? Do you know if there are any opening ceremonies for the festival? I think it would be really neat to get there before the festival and do a few photos in fursuit around the area. I've already contacted the festival via their twitter, but the responses have been slow at best. I have given them my email and I'm really hoping a festival organizer contacts me but I'm still waiting for that to happen.

So, if anyone here can help me that would be wonderful! I'd love to see any photos (if anyone here has any) of the festival posters/flyers/etc around France. I look forward to chatting with you all. Your forum seems very well maintained and nicely organized :)

*wags and licks*

-Trip E. Collie ( http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tripecollie/ )
TripECollie
canis familiaris  (Blue Merle Border Collie)   Anthro

Fursuiter, sur la DB: TripECollie
Vidéaste

Re: Bonjour de l'Amérique!

Messagede Mister_Regius » 27 Avr 2015, 03:42

Hi bro, welcome!

Well I can't help because I don't live in Lyon but lot of furs are.
And probably, you will have your answers shortly.
Nice to meet you!
*hugs*
Mister_Regius

Messagede Lyyn » 27 Avr 2015, 08:01

Welcome here! :)
Lyyn

Sur la Furmap: Lyyn

Messagede Rimou » 27 Avr 2015, 08:58

Hello again and welcome ! ^^

That would be awesome for people to see your fursuit at this festival ! :3
Rimou
Chat sphynx  (Gonflable)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Rimou

Dessinateur
Portfolio https://lematougraphe.fr/ -->

Messagede Feuno » 27 Avr 2015, 15:22

Welcome here ! :D
Feuno
Loup, Dauphin  (Louphin bleu à rayures blanches)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Thomas

Ecrivain

Messagede RedEau » 27 Avr 2015, 15:53

Welcome buddy! I bet you're gonna be recognized and popular in the festival. :silly:
RedEau
Hérisson   Anthro

Dessinateur

Messagede Nyours » 27 Avr 2015, 18:45

niagrou welcome :)
Let it grou, let it grouuuuuu
Nyours
ours/felin  (kermode)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Nyours

Messagede TripECollie » 28 Avr 2015, 22:23

Hi to all of you! I'm working hard to make it there for the festival. If any of you know more about the festival or have pictures of the flyers around France please contact me via email! I would especially love to talk with any of you that have attended there before. My email is tripecollie@gmail.com

If I do make it over there I would love to meet up with anyone willing to do a group lunch or outing. I will only be there a week but I want to make it count :lol:

Bark bark!

-Trip E. Collie ( http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tripecollie/ )
TripECollie

Vidéaste

Messagede wafalex » 30 Avr 2015, 06:24

I would like to go there too, I see that not a lot of people helped you :P
http://www.nuitsdefourviere.com/pratique/billetterie (reservation infos)
http://nuitsfourviere.fnacspectacles.com/ (program and reservations)
I think you already know this website, but to be sure (I juste watched your FA account, and LOL, I see why you want to go there)
I really want to help you but I've never been there, I don't know how it work, how much it cost...)
Maybe you sent an email in french with the help of google translate, sometimes (often) it the transation does not mean what you want it to mean, maybe try again in english.
oh un train
wafalex
Loup à crinière, Loup  (bleu, noir, rouge)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: wafalex

Messagede Meora Hedva » 30 Avr 2015, 08:48

Hello again there ! :)

As I said to you, it would be awesome if you come, and as already said we are several to give you a place at home during the festival !
Already said it too, this festival is quiet and cool, done it several years ago with someone when I lived near Fourvieres. Nothing like the Burning Man (We had done with fur friends the Boom festival in Portugual last year, it's kinda the same themed festival.) but it's still nice to try another kind of festivals.

I don't know if they will answer to you, and offer you the travel and places, I think it's the graphism agence who should be contacted first, it's their choice to take a pic with your fursuit.
Also if you are not invited but want to come in France, know that it's forbidden to wear a fursuit without legal authorization, more during a festival because of a law against it and of terrorism. But we will try to help you to have an answer from the festival and authorization ! :)

Oh we hope you like nice french food also, Lyon is recognized for its food ! :P
Meora Hedva
Chouette Effraie/Rat   Anthro

Dessinateur
Fursuiter
Rôliste

Messagede darkou » 30 Avr 2015, 22:32

Hiiiii Trip ;p

If you stop by Paris, I can put you up for a night or two and show you around a bit :)
Tu l'as voulu, tu l'as eu.
darkou
Snow Leopard   Anthro

Dessinateur
Portfolio http://www.furaffinity.net/user/darkou/ -->

Messagede Alpha_teen_wolf » 01 Mai 2015, 02:48

Hello and welcome!
I cant really help you... I live in Canada (Quebec), so sorry... :(
Citation inspirante:
+ [spoiler]
«Votre temps est limité, ne le gâchez pas en menant une existence qui n'est pas la votre! »
- Steve Jobs

Citation de Alpha:
+ [spoiler]
«Je n'utilise pas la haine, elle cause du tord au autres et a moi...»
- Alpha_teen_wolf
Alpha_teen_wolf
Loup  (Bleu et noir)   Anthro

Sur la Furmap: Alpha_teen_wolf

Messagede TripECollie » 04 Mai 2015, 22:46

After a busy weekend I am back online again. Thank you all for the kind welcome and thoughtful replies. It is now a DEFINITE that I am going to Lyon, France because Dinalt (a local furry friend) and I both bought tickets last Friday! We arrive in France on June 1st and fly back out on June 9th. I would be very thankful for options regarding a place to stay while there. I do not want to burden anyone or expect anything to be guaranteed, but if someone is nice enough to host us a night or two that would really be amazing. I understand that might be more difficult now that I am travelling with a friend though. Still, we are both polite, courteous and respectful of other people's personal space. Anything offered would be very helpful as this trip is expensive! I'm just an emergency veterinary technician and do not make that much money. However, this is the opportunity of a lifetime so I am putting it all on my credit card and will pay it off when I get back to California.

I would love to meet all of you, so keep in touch! :)

Now for a few individual replies...

wafalex a écrit:I would like to go there too, I see that not a lot of people helped you :P

I have seen the reservation and program pages as well as the festival website but I appreciate you responding to my questions. I am still waiting to hear back from the head secretary of the festival about gaining festival access. I may start trying to contact other festival members considering the commuincation has been very slow the past week.

---------------------

Meora Hedva a écrit:Hello again there ! :)

As I said to you, it would be awesome if you come, and as already said we are several to give you a place at home during the festival!

I am really excited to visit as I am hearing more about the culture and food of Lyon. The area looks incredibly beautiful and I have a passion for good food. I am very open to trying new things and experiencing other cultures so this should be amazing. Especially since it will be my first time so far out of the United States!
Regarding what you said about legal authorization to wear a fursuit in public....who should I contact for that? Would that be the local police or should the festival be the one taking care of that since I am on their advertisements? I definitely do not want to scare anyone or worse, end up in jail. :( I imagine permission would be a lot easier considering my fursuit is on the advertisements everywhere. I even thought about carrying around one of the posters to make it more obvious.

---------------------

darkou a écrit:Hiiiii Trip ;p

If you stop by Paris, I can put you up for a night or two and show you around a bit :)

I can't wait to come visit you. I never would have guessed we would get to see each other so soon! It must be fate ;) We will definitely make our way to Paris to spend a night there!
TripECollie

Vidéaste

Messagede Amenophis » 23 Mai 2015, 02:17

Bonjour,

Pour les rares qui me connaissent, je suis un voisin de Trip, mais Francais :3

si il y a besoin je peux aider a faire le lien bien que je ne mets quasi jamais les pieds sur FF, parce que loin quoi.

Pour ceux qui pensent pouvoir l'aider mais ne le connaissent pas, Trip est tres connu dans la region autour de SF dans la communaute, et tres respecte. C'est un Burner (google burning man photos) tout comme moi et quelques autres de la communaute furry.

C'est un gars tres cool, et il est tellement exite par ce qui lui est arrive, qu'il a decide de prendre un billet pour venir a Fourvierre, meme si il n'est pas pete de thunes et que ca lui fait un peu mal a la bourse.

Bon a part que Burning Man est en petard que la photo soit utilisee pour l'evennement, c'est une autre histoire... plus legale, qui n'a rien a voir avec lui qui est victime de papparazzi.

Je suis joignable sur FA...
Amenophis
Chat   Anthro

Dessinateur
Ecrivain
Portfolio http://amenophis.sofurry.com/artwork -->
     Page de l'utilisateur sur FurAffinity

Messagede TripECollie » 23 Mai 2015, 02:52

Merci de parler en mon nom Amenophis :)

Plus qu'une semaine avant que je vole à Lyon !

Amenophis a écrit:Bonjour,

Pour les rares qui me connaissent, je suis un voisin de Trip, mais Francais :3

si il y a besoin je peux aider a faire le lien bien que je ne mets quasi jamais les pieds sur FF, parce que loin quoi.

Pour ceux qui pensent pouvoir l'aider mais ne le connaissent pas, Trip est tres connu dans la region autour de SF dans la communaute, et tres respecte. C'est un Burner (google burning man photos) tout comme moi et quelques autres de la communaute furry.

C'est un gars tres cool, et il est tellement exite par ce qui lui est arrive, qu'il a decide de prendre un billet pour venir a Fourvierre, meme si il n'est pas pete de thunes et que ca lui fait un peu mal a la bourse.

Bon a part que Burning Man est en petard que la photo soit utilisee pour l'evennement, c'est une autre histoire... plus legale, qui n'a rien a voir avec lui qui est victime de papparazzi.

Je suis joignable sur FA...
TripECollie

Vidéaste

Suivante

Retourner vers General