Points, informations et opinions en provenance du thread initial:
Loupy a écrit:
Do I need to remind peoples that going out in fursuit is forbidden in France ? If we ever start to be known, we may have policemen reminding us of that.
Madox a écrit:
Loupy a écrit:
Do I need to remind peoples that going out in fursuit is forbidden in France ? If we ever start to be known, we may have policemen reminding us of that.
This is more interesting to link furry with french laws indeed. But I don't think there are so many reasons to fear that.
First, it won't be an apology for "go walk down the streets in fursuits" - or so I hope. That would be absolutely dumb in every way.
Second : If laws say things, in the everyday life it's often different. Timduru have a good example of this : he walked from times to times in fursuit in public, and never had any law problem even when encoutering policemen, on the contrary. Of course, he wasn't alone, and didn't have a suspect behavior. And that should always be this way.
Third : about "arranging with the laws" (even if it's always risky, that's a fact), proving our good intentions and avoid trying to hide our real identities should help alot. What is kept secret is dangerously suspect. What is openly showed is just amusingly weird.
*Edit* But it could also be a good thing to remind people about these laws on the concerned pages - at least it would prove we care for them - that's again always a good thing - and openly shows far from pushing people to do things against the law, we warn them about not doing forbidden things - even if we do some of these things ourselves, for the more innocent ones.
Deoloup a écrit:
I'm agree with Madox.
GreenReaper a écrit:
As for the policemen, I am sure they have better things to do than hunt fursuiters, though I suggest you not wear a coyote fursuit after dark . . .
Usually talking to the people who run the place you are fursuiting in will prevent most problems before they occur. 8-)
Loupy a écrit:
As always, most policemen don't know half of the laws they are supposed to enforce. But you can always get to somebody who actually know his job...
GreenReaper a écrit:
So what is this anti-fursuit law? And does it cover Santa Claus, or just people with masks over their faces? (If there is a post on this already, just point me there and I will read it with a translator.)
Edit: Ahh, Timduru told me on MSN. Well, I cannot see that being too big a problem. It would perhaps be worse if you said you were displaying your faith by wearing it, though. :roll:
BlankHare a écrit:
Beside, about the law you're talking about, does anyone has the legal reference of it? I know I heard about this one too, but when I'm doing some searching for the actual text I can't find anything close to it... are you sure it's not a rumor?
...not that it would be so bad if it exists, but I'm now curious... and it'd made a good chapter for the french version of the wiki, in the fursuiting article, weither it's confirmed or infirmed. :)
Timduru a écrit:
Same for me about the law I've been looking for it but can't find the exact law corresponding to that.
there is somewhat a law or law proposal about not allowing someone to hide his face in public..
But can't find the finalized law about that or something else.
So yep if someone has the exact laws references, it would be good.
But anyway that doesn't really changes much,
we've done many outings without problems so far, even when policemen were asking questions, they didn't say it was forbidden or anything.
I know most might not know all the laws, but so far so good.
If it was such a problem and illegal in France, I think we wouldn't see sport mascots or commercial mascots out in the streets, or theme park characters.
But if we could have law references that would sure help :)
PanzarDragon a écrit:
all i can remember is that the last time i saw the police and fursuiters together, the police stopped, laughed, took photos and then left, it might be an exception but i cant really see any decent copper stopping you for having some totally harmless fun.
Loupy a écrit:
In france you aren't allowed to hide your face. Legal referencies under the "identity" in the civil code. A fursuit hide your face and then is illegal. Technically you can't also put anything on your face during halloween or carnival.
On other notes, peoples under 18 aren't allowed to have money on them for any reasons, and another law forbidden you to have a hat when you are in any buildings... That the kinds of laws somebody only got out when they want to fucks peoples, but they exist.