•   V.Normale 
Board Index » Conventions / Evènements » Evènements en France
Nom d’utilisateur:
Mot de passe:
Register


Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Hello everybody,

I would like to invite you to my exhibition on the furry community which is to take place on November 20 , between 6.30 PM - 22:30 PM, at the following location:

La Cantine, 151 rue Montmartre, Passage des Panoramas, 12 Galerie Montmartre, 75002 Paris

You can bring fursuits if you'd like.

Best,

Carmen Dobre


Hello Carmen,

RED and I will come at this exhibition.

Big Hug

Redmoon


i guess ill be there too... since ill be at their place xD (redmoon and red)
=^.^=
i do have my fursuit but dunno if ill bring it :S


I might go! But may you tell us more about the event please? :)


http://lacantine.org/events/furbook-par-carmen-dobre


Citation:
the fursona manifests itself as an animal costume (fursuit) which the respective community member wears in the privacy of his/her home or in public.

And that's it ? Oookkkaay...
Sounds already like a fail to me :boxed:

Oh but I know a Meerkat who'll be happy.


Ozone Griffox a écrit:
Citation:
the fursona manifests itself as an animal costume (fursuit) which the respective community member wears in the privacy of his/her home or in public.

And that's it ? Oookkkaay...
Sounds already like a fail to me :boxed:

Oh but I know a Meerkat who'll be happy.

You forgot the beginning of the sentence, you journalist ! : "In many cases the fursona manifests itself...." ^^

I'll gladly come to the exhibition (without my fursuit, though...).


The begining of this sentence worth absolutly nothing if you don't give other exemples.

It's a catch, and means a lot about this "exhibition" already.


Ozone Griffox a écrit:
The begining of this sentence worth absolutly nothing if you don't give other exemples.

It's a catch, and means a lot about this "exhibition" already.

I'll check it, and then I'll judge it ^^


hello carmen
i will be there; i promise ^^


Too bad, not in Paris at this time :/
Good exhibition!


Snarl a écrit:
Ozone Griffox a écrit:
The begining of this sentence worth absolutly nothing if you don't give other exemples.

It's a catch, and means a lot about this "exhibition" already.

I'll check it, and then I'll judge it ^^


As far as understood it, Carmen's approach was the best to try to be representative imho.
She is trying to show in her book, as many examples, as many interviews, from furries from as many horizons and different points of views, from as many countries as possible.

Each individual opinion is not supposed to show and define what furry is, the sum of all the different opinions is what is trying to do so.

As far as I know there are not only fursuiters in her book.
She asked here multiple times for anyone to get interviewed, photographed, give their point of view, whatever,
now she can only show what she got from the people who accepted the offer, I don't think you can blame *her* for that.

Now, will it be more or less biased ? Yes of course it is always biased, be it by the way the artist pick up stuff,
the way the questions were chosen or asked, the way the people answered or understood the questions
(not always easy to put what you mean in words)
the way things could be understood differently if taken out of context, and so on ..
Photos and art are also the most visual aspect of the fandom, and for an exhibition it kinda makes sense to end up with more of these medias.


But by showing as many examples as possible to demonstrate the variety composing the furry fandom,
I think it is the best way to try to be as representative as possible.
Each particular case taken individually is biased toward the person's point of view.
But the sum of all the particular cases is what might make it more representative, and give people a grasp of what it is all about.

You have to see the bigger picture and not only the few things you are not going to agree with or find representative of yourself in other's examples.

Now wait & see, I most likely won't be able to attend the exhibition myself,
but for those who will be going, let us know how it was :)


I don't have a fursuit. But if it's possible I would like to participate. :)


I think I will join this exhibition, with my suit :)


oki, tim
i will talk about it

do you have any request? thing that you want to know ?

about people who want to come, i have lot of thing to do this saturday, in the afternoon
i'm not sure that i will be at the same time that you.
( i will come around 11 or 12 o clock )

Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Reply
Copyright 2008 - Powered By phpbb
Broadcasting World Wap